Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Digging into the D and D Vault - Part 1

With all of the traveling that I've been doing, I haven't had the opportunity to transform the (MANY) pieces that are patiently waiting in my garage for a makeover.  I've spent most of my time stealing buying furniture at thrift stores, yard sales, auctions, my parent's attic (this is not a store... it's really my parent's attic), antique stores, and basically anywhere that I can find a good bargain.  For that reason, I decided to spend the rest of this week reaching into the D and D vault from long ago to show you some of my favorite "Before and After" projects.  These happened before my blogging days, so I don't have pictures of the in-between steps. 

These end tables were really beat up!  They had scratches all over them, but were very solid and had lots of character.  I cleaned them, sanded them, and painted them a soft white.  (Who am I kidding?!?  My sister did most of the work while I cheered her on!)


I distressed all of the wonderful accents on the tables, and sold them to someone that lives in Charlotte.  It was hard to let them go, but I had to make room for the next set of end tables that entered my life.


 Keep checking back to see more "Before and After" projects while I catch up on my more current finds!

Happy Junkin'!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. These are the end tables that helped to start it all! And I remember your face when I brought these to you - you weren't a believer, as I recall! But you did all the work - seriously, I think this was the weekend I laid on the grass and complained about my back while Mr. Distressed danced/painted and made fun of me. Good times..... You really have to click on the photo to see these puppies bigger - the distressing really pops out that way. You are an artiste! (Is that how you spell it when you want it to sound French and fancy?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this exact same table in Annie Sloan's duck egg blue. I need to find another one. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete