Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall

Who's the fairest mirror of them all?  Hard to say after these transformations!  It seems that my sister *might* have a small addiction to mirrors.  Not to looking at her reflection, mind you, just to the mirrors themselves.  She has bought a LOT of mirrors over the past few months, and Mr. Dump and I have been no slouches in that department, either.  Hence, lots of mirrors to transform.  While it was raining (and the rest of the world was shopping for Christmas presents), we painted and staged some formerly tragically gold mirrors into beauties.  It was super easy - because of the rain and the limited space to paint in the garage (it is stuffed to the ceiling with "treasures" waiting to be transformed), we simply spray-painted these pieces - anyone can do it!

The before picture of the saddest mirrors you've ever seen - look how they've given up on life, just laying there on the driveway, waiting to be run over:




One thing to note is that spray paint is a little harder to distress than regular paint, so we didn't mess with perfection here.  We found some cute patterned paper on clearance that we filled some of the frames with, and cleaned the mirrors (amazing what a good cleaning can reveal!) 

Here are the beauties in our booth at The Sleepy Poet, just waiting to be snapped up!  We may or may not have been humming "I'm too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car....." while hanging these up......




There was another one hanging where the reflection is, but it sold too quickly to make it into the picture! 



This one didn't even make it to the Poet - it's hanging in our newly transformed dining room with a Christmas-y wreath.  Is there any space that a mirror can't improve?

Happy Junkin'!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I have a couple of large mirrors I'm looking to redo soon. I love how something so simple can make something so beautiful!

    BTW, I was trying to grab buttons of blogs I follow to post on my page but I can't grab yours because there is no code below it.. not sure if it messed up or something but I would really love to grab yours!

    Thanks:)
    Lisa @ www.ptlforgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I 'm still fairly new at this and hope to have a better button feature shortly. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I have a small obsession with mirrors myself :) Yours look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love the scrolly, ornate ones especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I just bought a cute mirror yesterday--cute except for the color, that is. Today is the day to get the spray paint out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O I am a fan of the black one though it is hard to pick!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, all of these mirrors are beauties. I love how the black ones turn out - something really eye-catching about black. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the party! You inspired me to run right out and buy some mirrors!! I love the transformations, as always - those mirrors I bought for Dumped and Discovered in the rain (the white ornate ones) turned out GREAT! You'd never know they were sitting outside on the ground, part of the saddest, rained-out yard sale ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This are some great mirrors you have here. You did good with these! The white one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete