Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treasure Hunting

After a weekend in DC, this is what the back of my car looks like...



And this is what comes out...


I felt a bit like Mary Poppins as I pulled and pulled more treasures out of the back.  I tried to strap two trunks and two mirrors to the top of the 4Runner, but Laura said that she would junk-sit until I see her again... (Although I'm pretty sure they'll be conveniently hung and placed around her house by the weekend.)


In two days, we went to 3 barn sales, 9 thrift stores, 7 Goodwills, 1 Goodwill Outlet (yes, it does exist!), 2 yard sales, 7 estate sales, and 1 fancy store for inspiration.  When the stores closed on Sunday evening, we even did a little sidewalk shopping - Monday is trash day in DC!  An important lesson that I learned... If it is in the yard, it is off limits....  I'm still bummed about a door that Laura wouldn't let me take...  It would have been so pretty...

I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures during our shopping experience (you wouldn't believe how feisty the DC shoppers are! - especially the feeble hoarders that we encountered).  But I was able to capture this priceless moment....


Snowcones out of a food truck... YUMMY!  Even dedicated thrifters have to take a break every once in a while...  Be on the lookout for information on specific pieces that we found!  Time to de-spider my car and clean up my treasures!

Happy Junkin'!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. New follower courtesty of blog hop.
    hope you will hop by and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the almost daily updates! You're doing great things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so very Mary Poppins ish. And I love it! =)

    Aloha,
    Visiting ya from the hop. If you'd like we're linking up with friends today in the most simply easy way. Come join us. =)

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops forgot to say...

    Following ya now too! Can't wait to see what else you discover.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Blog Hop! Following you via Pinterest! Frugal and Fun Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day - those snowcones look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh... look like you found some nice things. U definitely have my eyes on the drawer. It looks like with a little love and some added pieces it would fit perfectly in my room :)
    Love the pics and thanks for sharing.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    PS I LOVE snow cones!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following from Welcome Wednesday! Love for you to stop by Naptime Review and follow back ;) Hosting fb and twitter hop now. You are welcome to link up!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah- your blog is great! I just found it. What kind of sprayer do you have? I am looking for a good one. Thanks
    leswelsh54@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I have already stage the trunks and mirrors in my house! Good luck getting them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see one of your discovered piles I'm envious.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete